Thursday 16 August 2007

get me to the train station on time

I'm supposed to be getting ready for a trip to Manchester...shirts to iron, bags to pack, wardrobe handles to install. I'm behind in my prep. (obviously!), not helped by the fact that I thought I had lost my passport earlier (yes, I know that I don't need a passport to travel from London to Manchester...). The idea for this blog has been germinating for a while now, and I promised myself that, once I had domestic access to broadband, I would start blogging... The installation was completed on Monday (Not without little trouble! I really should have paid more attention to Andrew Collins!). So here I am. More to follow soon, but, in the meantime, please listen to Brett Anderson's debut solo album and spread the good word; he really is a criminally underrated talent. Will any of you be attending the October 20 one-off-with-strings concert at the Queen Elizabeth Hall? If the Union Chapel acoustic performance was anything to go by, this will be a special evening.

No comments: