Sunday 19 August 2007

getting to know you, getting to know me

Back in April, I sent a friend a list of some of my favourite all-time tracks. I've updated it, and this is how it stands now (in band/artist alphabetical order): :

'I'm A Cuckoo', Belle and Sebastian
'Ice Blink Luck', Cocteau Twins
'The Killing Moon', Echo and The Bunnymen
'Sorry Somehow', Husker Du
'Another Girl, Another Planet', The Only Ones
'Closer To Heaven', Pet Shop Boys
'Driver 8', REM
'Like A Daydream', Ride
'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' (album version), The Smiths
'Animal Nitrate', Suede

While I'm at it, here are my favourite singles from last year:
1. 'Crystal Ball', Keane
2. 'Minimal', Pet Shop Boys
3. 'A Woman Of A Certain Age', Divine Comedy
4. 'Who Knew?', Pink (she has great choruses)
5. 'Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken', Camera Obscura

This year, the following singles have been 'floating my boat':

'Love Is Dead', Brett Anderson
'Thursday', Asobi Seksu
'The Bomb', New Young Pony Club (and I really love the Tiga remix of 'Ice Cream')
'Gravity's Rainbow', Klaxons
'No Cars Go', Arcade Fire

No comments: